walther ppq m2 jamming problems

In this case, the slide fails to go forward to the place where the barrel locks up, and the disconnector allows the gun to fire. Broken extractor: This problem also happens if your pistol has a damaged extractor. Press J to jump to the feed. Defective trigger assembly: This problem also occurs when the trigger assembly of your PPQ is defective. Eh, just another GLOCK copy, you say? Walther's New PPQ Subcompact Raises the Bar in the Concealed Carry Market (Full Review) by Jordan Michaels on October 18, 2018. . Was not too fond of the original mag release, but no big deal for me. Walther PPQ M2 Features. Am I bad for preferring the PPQ M1 paddle mag release? People develop the bad habit of registering their finger on the trigger in the mistaken belief that the little do-hickey is safety.. You never do that. Gun Review: Taurus GX4XL T.O.R.O. For the six months Ive owned and hundreds of rounds Ive had this pistol eat, I have yet to experience a single jam or malfunction. Ammunition failure: Failure of ammo is yet another cause for this problem. Below mentioned are all the malfunctions a Walther PPQ can have. I have a 5 PPQ 22 on order, and very much look forward to trying it out. The three finger grooves on the grip also contribute to the excellent ergonomics. I will never part with this firearm. If, in that position, you reset the trigger, it results in the dead trigger. Over the years, Ive shot a very wide variety of semi-autos in all calibers and sizes, and have never once had an inadvertent double tap. I personally do not find much difference in the 2 guns when shooting and both are dead on accurate. To solve this issue, clean the chamber. Haven't heard much in the way of problems with the 9mm and 40S&W versions. To fix this issue, take the striker out completely, clean the striker channel, and then lube it. ; Malfunctions Due to Ammo or Gun Mechanics. If you get a good firearm from Walther you might be good. I have also fired my own PPQ-M2 a few hundred rounds without any issues. Defective trigger spring or sear housing assembly: One reason for this malfunction is a defective trigger spring or rear housing assembly. Walther destroyed their reputation with the P22, I know they produce good 9mm pistols but after the P22, I would never again trust the company. And then it happened all the time. A very modern and fine looking pistol, it arrives in a black Walther box, complete with the gun, two magazines, three interchangeable backstraps, a speed loader, safety lock, instruction manual, and a test target from Germany showing the gun has been sighted in at 15 yards. Damaged feed ramp: A damaged feed ramp can also cause failure to feed. The edge on the extractor claw may become rounded. I purchased an additional 15-round magazine for $42, and from what Ive found, they sell for roughly the same price around the country. Walther PPQ M2 .22 LR 10-Round Magazine 51060102. You wont regret purchasing the 9mm (assuming you havent already). Width: 1.34 inches. The PPK/S .22 has a small barrel sleeve that fits over the end of its threaded barrel. Looking forward one day to own an M1 9mm. So, make sure to use enough force. I'd try swapping out the slide spring. Joe and I both really enjoyed Walthers PPQ M2 5 in 9mm. fits a womans small to medium-sized hands No? But if you face any of the above malfunctions, take these measures to fix them. Size restrictions do apply, as the 15-round PPQ magazines are only compatible with compact frame PDPs. The slide is also marked CA. Its only stupid if the gun is smarter than the operator. Cracks and cratering have been documented with 45 barrels, yet Walther claims that "it's normal". Every person is different, so thats why the PPQ comes with three different backstraps. These are built by Walther, not Umarex. My PPQ classic 9mm is about four years old with several hundred rounds down the pipe. The version of the PPQ with a slightly longer trigger reset is called the VP9. Loose front sight screw: This problem occurs when the front sight screw is loose. The moment I first fired the PPQ, I knew the trigger was in a league of its own. If they have the same problems I'd contact Walther and send it in. Here we have confirmation of the lack of trigger discipline that comes with using a modern pistol. I hate when I shoot a lot of .22 LR and my thumb has a giant lead streak on it from loading bare lead bullets. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Using my index finger, I can drop the mag without breaking my grip, something that I never seem able to do with a button release. I understand theres also a set of grips called traction grips that can be installed and supposedly have more aggressive texturing to give the shooter a better grip on the gun. Sight Radius: 6.4 inches. Walther PPQ. Functions flawlessly. Walther PPQ M2 X/XS F8 Night Sights 9mm. When Ive increased my distance from the target to around 40 to 50 feet, my groups do widen, but not significantly. The PPQ .22 does not have swappable backstraps like the centerfire models do. That is an induction hardened piece, but it could break off eventually. Ive been searching but cant find anything (which may be my answer) that supports a concern about current Walther PPQ M2 9mm 4 reliablity and factory response. Look here an we may be able to help you through the process of owning one, or many! I've heard on Walther Forums that the .40s need to break in a bit. He seemed to want to zero in on the extractor spring being just a shade too beefy and therefore not allowing the slide to travel back over the incoming round as planned. Failure to stay open is the failure for the slide to lock to the rear on the empty magazine. I have a PPQ 9mm that's never skipped a beat. My wife told me to buy her a new one, thats why I read this review. I have a Hera Arms Triarii for the 9mm and love it. I sent it to . I was Shooting my PPQ last week and i was having problems with it not loading rounds properly. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The very workable sights, excellent trigger, and extremely low muzzle flip something you expect from a .22 thats made even better by the great ergos here allow me to take advantage of solid mechanical accuracy and shoot as fast as I can move my finger while staying right on target. The PPQ has a 100% pre-cocked trigger thereby making it Single Action. It will replace my 4" PPQs. I have both, but I prefer the PPQ, for its trigger. All sorts of failures. This hits hard because I feel how you do about sig (320) and my first pistol was a ppq. . You have entered an incorrect email address! Its a marked improvement over any other pistol Ive ever fired [Well, as long as primers are well seated!] I stand corrected. (This is a reader gun review contest entry,click here for more details enter by December 19th!). I suppose it is a quality control issue, with the slide,rear sight alignment: I too have the issue with the rear sight almost out beyond the edge of the frame dovetail to get centered on target at 10 yardsmy 9mm P99 had no such issue at all. So, the lugs on the barrel will not correctly align inside the locking block. Update to my previous post (under my full name): After cleaning it again and using some of Walthers preferred ammo it is working fine. Posted by 2 years ago. However, the PPQ is significantly more ergonomic, carries the same magazine capacity (15 rounds), is easier to disassemble, truly ambidextrous, and above all, has that dream like trigger. walther pps m2 recall. Caliber:.22 LR Now, she shares her passion and immense knowledge on the subject with the readers. Weak magazine release spring: This means that as you are shooting, the spring is so weak that your grip interferes with the button and depresses it. Jose, I think youve put your finger on the problem. Alright, the dragons mouth on the end of the barrel is too awesome to ignore.just saying. PPQ problems. Dirty breechface or rails: When there is a lot of carbon build-up on the breechface, it causes this issue. At this point I am selling my PPS M2 and will buy a sig or similar replacement. As for comparing triggers, all 1911 are single-action, and PPQ is a double-action pistol, you remember that, right? And Ive often thought that the usual candidates were to blame. Also the P22 and the M&P22 and probably others as well. Having diverse .45s and a Glock 20 (with an extra .40cal barrel), I went with the PPQ. I can proudly say I own both the P99 AS in 9mm and a PPQ M2 in .40 and i find both guns to be almost on par with one another. Reliability: * * * * * [Well, as long as primers are well seated!] Trijicon Night Sight for Walther PPQ Pistol: Best Night Sight. it wouldnt be a big deal, but this was the first pistol i ever bought, so was very special, and now i am without. The Walther CCP M2 trigger has a short .27 travel and a short reset point. Replace the locking block to fix it. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. The whole reason people choose 9mm over 45acp is because you can get more hits on target faster with less training. The pistol is too heavily lubricated: When your pistol is too heavily lubricated, it can cause failure to return to battery. Trigger - Score: 9. That being said, shooting the PPQ is a blast! Whatever works for you is what you should go with, so try out all three before making your decision. hey guys in this video i show you how to fix the walther PPK slide when it starts to jam up on you.. Both of these guns have pretty basic sight options from the factory. Hopefully the FTE problem has a solution other than going to CCI 1640 FPS ammo. I have several pistols, among them the PPQ. This is not a small-scale "knock off" of the centerfire models. I'll double check the Walther forum. Thanks!!! At any rate, they managed to do it with a minimal change to trigger quality and feel. I was shooting Winchester Ranger ammunition .40 S&W 165 grain. We love how there's now threaded versions and also versions that come with a laser. I was ready to destroy it and throw it away, but Walther stood behind their project and now I still have a decent (although worn out and beat up) P22. Below are the probable causes of failure to fire and their suitable solutions. Additionally I have e-mailed and ask customer service for the CEOs name and address and customer service has not responded to that request either. It will go nicely with my laser engraved Spectre take-down pins, Totally agree. Just be smarter than the inanimate object and all will be fine . ThenI picked up and shot a PPQ. So, you are going to make sure you replace that. However, there still isnt much in the way of aftermarket support for things like sights. Due to the thinness of the top of the slide the foot at the base of this screw needs to be as large as possible. With the smaller mag it can be a bit of a handful, but I . Replace the ammunition for fixing this issue. My only complaint is that the muzzle flip is a bit excessive. Im still working on improving my time. Ive put this pistol through a variety of conditions and all I see are a couple of very light scratches that take concentration to be noticed. I sent the pistol back, they fixed it. Trust me, this is a one hundred yard pistol. Almost everyone that Ive heard complain about not being able to use the paddle style releases indicate that they cannot reach it well with their thumb. glad it worked out,,,,nothing worse then a brand new gun with issues. I was a Walther fan immediately after I purchased the PPK/S .380ACP and the .22LR. Why this happens is mentioned below. Bent magazine feed lips: Another probable cause for the failure to feed on your PPQ is when you drop your gun on concrete or anything solid like that, the magazine feed lips bent. Uses same mags as PPQ M2, PPQ Q4/Q5/SF. Does not feel like it. A lot of people seem to complain about a sharp recoil, muzzle flip? i had a 20 year old mk2 10 bull that was rusty, and the frame to reciever fit was sloppy, and they fixed it (repalced lower?) Not machined aluminum. The PPQ does have a machined aluminum slide. They are available with a 4-inch and 5-inch barrel, or the 4.6-inch that comes suppressor-ready. Its especially a nice advantage if this is going to be your nightstand gun. Improper hand placement: Improper hand placement is the most common cause of this malfunction. I have avoided buying .22 guns simply because I can hardly find ammo for the ones I already have. Got rid of it and replaced with a Ruger SR22. Missing trigger bar guide: One more reason for this problem is that the trigger bar guide is missing. Integrated Hex Tool in the Removable Backstrap. It differs from the earlier M1 in that theres a reversible mag-release button instead of a paddle, and it accepts different magazines as well. And accept this, that without the pull-the-trigger trick wed never have had the Miami DEA agent Im the only one in the room professional enough to blow my foot off video. I had never shot that round before. That trigger might be good for a safe-action polymer gun, but it doesnt compare to a decent SA trigger, like a CZ, 1911, or Sig. Walther took perhaps its biggest step forward in 1997 with the pioneering P99. Ive rented a PPQ couple times at the local range. Lots and lots of cracked slides on many of the pot metal (zinc alloy) .22s out there. But there is an inaccuracy in this review. I took the three supplied magazines, added the Taylor Freelance extended base pads and started shooting. Bro no offense but thats way out of the warranty period. When someone has disassembled the gun and accidentally bent the trigger bar, a bent trigger bar does not interact with the strikers safety. Hit, hit, hit, hit its borderline silly. Yes, I dont like that you need to pull the trigger to remove the slide, but there is no decocker. That is the one real big negative I had on the pistol, but Talon grips changed the grip big time and it actually grips and feels better than the PPQ in hand once this is done. I haven't had any problem with printing even with my "slight" frame. Now I have to go hunt one down for my AR. You actually reminded me I should probably get it looked at and fixed. Desirably ergonomic, smooth firing, reliable, accurate, loaded with a double-stacked magazine of 9mm, large enough to serve as my go-to sidearm for outdoor activities and yet condensed and light enough to be my concealed carry or self-defense piece if I need it to be, this is definitely one of my personal favorite handguns. PPQ M2,and PPS M2here. Sorry to throw water on the above comments, but I purchased my PPQ 22LR 4 yesterday, cleaned it (watched the video to be sure I did it right) then took it to the range. Rapid fire no issues. Turns out it fits my hand wonderfully and was very comfortable. Thanks for the write up, Ive always liked this pistol from the moment I picked it up. It seems like the slide is sticking on the barrel, as when the issue happens it either returns to battery within a second or so of stopping, or I need to lightly tap the slide and it returns. When I go to the range with this pistol, the trigger is what I personally look forward to the most. We do not want to get a Ruger 10/45 or Buckmark. I just uploaded another photo to the review that shows what this looks like (the very last photo now). So, it wont have the full force to pull the extractor back. Laugh. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Timing is everything. If there is a bullet inside of it, then disassemble the pistol to clear it. Primarily this is intended for mounting a suppressor, but if youre bored you can also mount any AR-15 or other 1/228 muzzle device: A P22 thread adapter does work on the PPQ, so that opens up options for aftermarket versions. I spanked her with Trijicon HDs and carried her in a Black Mamba and felt that we could now rip the knob off the radio dial! Locking block damage: One relatively uncommon cause of this issue is locking block damage. I had a choice of the M1 or M2. What a target like that doesnt say is how easy a gun is to shoot accurately when youre out on the range. TRUGLO TFX: Best Fiber Optic Sight. The 9mm rounds Ive put through the PPQ include 115-, 125- and 147-grain FMJs from Federal, Armscor, and Blazer, 147-grain flat noses from Federal, and some hollow points. PPQ M2 is my goto range toy. Makes a fine little carbine and accuracy at distance with just the pistol is amazing. On the negative side, the aluminum slide means the pistol is quite a bit lighter in weight than the centerfire ones, and being a firearm means it cant simply ship to your door like a conversion kit can. I purchased a Walther P22 when they first came out, a zinc slide? I have also fired my own PPQ-M2 a few hundred rounds without any issues. They unveiled a new pistol that they claimed would not only fix the P99s few faults, but would update its already advanced features and appeal to the American market: the Police Pistol Quick Defense, a.k.a, the Walther PPQ. I did, which is why my PPS M2 will likely be my last Walther. It is very astonishing for a .22. Walther PK380 just points and shoots, very easy. The review mentions jacketed round nose and jacketed hollow point ammunition. That's the MOST annoying part of the debacle; a company that won't stand behind its product. Again, I just bought this PPQ M2 .22. Fixed Front Sight with Fast Acquisition Dot. So, to avoid this problem, check the magazine and magazine release for proper engagement. Most comfortable, accurate gun I have ever shot. Walther PPQ troubleshooting and basic maintenance are covered here. Place in a new backstrap, push the pin back in, and youre good to go! Carries very nicely in my iwb Black Arch holster. How well does it do with Heavily lubed ammo such as Standard +? But come on what can you reasonably expect when you try to warranty a 10-year-old product that had a 1-year warranty? The corrective measure to this problem is to strip the pistol and clean it. I see that as getting use to the trigger. Dirty chamber: Another probable cause for this malfunction is that the chamber is dirty. I check into the Walther forum daily and have not read about any reliability issues with the 9MM PPQ M2 4 inch barrel. Once when shooting, alongside a gunsmith at the range, I was able to consistently replicate the issue and so was he. Walther PPQ M2 FDE 9mm. Id love to see a head-to- head comparo of the PPQ and the PPX to see what exactly is different about them, subjectively. Even for beginner shooters. I got it the first few months it was out, maybe the first batches werent the best. so get this amazing Feel The Beat Hoodie Moreover, it has a hoodie-style collar with a pullover front closure and rib knitted cuffs to hold your wrist. I'm 6'0 tall, and weigh 150 lbs. But nope. If it isnt already apparent, this is due to how faithfully the PPQ .22 mimics the real PPQ. Shot about 150 rounds through the gun. I have had a completely different experience with Walther P22s. Ammo-sensitive. According to Walthers web site, the PPQ M2 22 slide is die cast zinc, just like the P22. This problem occurs when the shooters interfere with the slide stop lever with their firing hand thumb. Also, thanks to the .22 LR magazine being so slim but the PPQ .22s grip being the normal width, the pistol benefits from a sweet magwell. Its literally a toss up on which one you could say is the better gun. Fuggedaboudit! Press down on both sides of the take-down catch. This review is going to be a bit shorter than normal, as Im going to refer yall back to Joes write-up on the 9mm version and/or my video review of it. In general HV stuff (1200 fps+) seems to work well. When the slide is forward, it looks like a normal barrel and you cant tell it is threaded. It is a perfectly fine mechanism. I picked up the Walther PPQ Q5 Match (MSRP: $849, WaltherArms.com) and headed over to a lane at the indoor range, sighting in the Trijicon RMR, the first red dot I was going to test. Turned out the firing pin was snapped in half, and the grip frame wasn't made right. (I never tried mini mags, I assume those would work well, too.). The straightforward fix to this is to clean your chamber. BOOSTEADY Universal Handgun Cleaning kit GLORYFIRE Universal Gun Cleaning Kit Hunting Hoppe's No. A poor design on the Walther model that allows the . yea, a slide fracture on a .22 caliber pistol. Jeremy is TTAG's Deputy Editor, working mostly behind the scenes but, when he attempts to write, he focuses on comprehensive gun & gear reviews. 20 Shot, Belt Fed Magazine Design. not me, ever since my p22 frame cracked and walther claimed it was outside its lifespan (10yrs old, prob 30k rounds, but i didnt tell them round count) i choose not to buy pot metal guns, or support walther for bunk biz practices. No problems with mine at all. Replace the barrel if it is deformed. They arent as expensive as HK mags but they do have the market cornered and you pay for that. The front sight fell of, called Walther, they sent me a sight. No difference in function. ; Rack Rack the slide to clear the chamber and load a new round. Fit and finish are beautiful as well, this is a really nice firearm when you inspect it, unlike the colt and sig 1911 22s. Its possible that a .22 LR doesnt punch the slide backwards with enough authority to reliably cock a striker with a spring stiff enough to ignite a .22 LR (vicious cycle, that), whereas a hammer can have enough leverage on it to work, but thats just a guess as to why Walther made this change for the .22. Only one problem: I havent seen a single round of .22LR in my corner of the country in going on 2 years now. And make sure to super swab the extractor spring gap. And Im still trying to imagine true JHP ammo in .22 LR. Took apart the striker assembly and noticed the spring looked like this. New. I have an older Walther p22. Now she has to decide between this one and the P22. Your Walther PPQ might fail to feed. I'd say if it's lubed, and eating good ammo it shouldn't jam up on you. Unfortunately it started just as I began using a fresh shipment of several thousand rounds of an especially square olgive so I had no way of testing things. Will try 25 yards next time. No doubt this gun has a nice grip/feel. . 4. It is a common problem, especially with new shooters, because they treat their weapons gently and dont put enough force to seat the magazine into the gun. Pulling the trigger is not a big deal. Deformed parts: One cause is that the magazine or pistol is broken, the slide stop lever is broken, or the magazine tube is deformed. I replaced them with Trijicon HDs and it made a big difference. Tap Slam the bottom of the magazine with the palm of your hand to ensure it is seated properly. Well get into that later, but suffice it to say that if you didnt field strip the gun you would never guess that such a big difference existed between the centerfire and rimfire models. To fix this issue, inspect the barrel and make sure it is clear. Neither gun can be rented in our area to try. My buddy who joined me on the range one day actually hit the target quite a bit with it, which is quite the anomaly. JavaScript is disabled. Replace the recoil spring assembly to fix this issue. Dirty pistol: Yet another reason for this malfunction is a dirty pistol. Below mentioned is the cause of this malfunction and its fix. The rounds seem to eject and feed fine, looking at the ejection port when the slide is stuck doesnt seem to reveal any issues there. My PPS M2 came with the rear site moved over so far to the right that is will not co witness with optics. Walther has a great warranty. Action: semi-automatic, locked breech, short recoil operated. It gives me a very secure grasp on the pistol. so get this amazing Feel The Beat Hoodie Moreover, it has a hoodie-style collar with a pullover front closure and rib knitted cuffs to hold your wrist. Is this normal or did I get a bad gun? The PPQ is simply a P99 with improved ergonomics and with a Glock style trigger, only it was much lighter and crisper in comparison to other guns on the market.. The single-action striker trigger helped make the shots consistent each time. It just looked odd to me. Single shot exemption. Sure enough, my left thumb can release the slide just as effortlessly as my right. Well, I have all of them Sig 1911, CZ, S&W and, of course, my favorite PPQ M2, which has fired already about 3000 bullets with no single slightest hick-up. Exact same texture, same size and feel as just guestimating here approximately the M backstrap of the centerfire (unfortunately I dont have a PPQ to try and measure to be sure here, but Walther states the grip circumference as 5.3). I cannot believe the firearm left quality control like that. Below are the causes of this problem and their solutions. Please Wait. Luckily he was following range rules and had it pointed downrange. Because if such a thing exists, Id like to get some and try it in my Ruger 22/45. To say one is better than the other is just going to come down to what you like personally. I am happy with this. It has a much more attractive appearance, and a grip that cannot be topped. Actually, Joe is still enjoying it since he couldnt bring himself to return the loaner and decided, instead, to purchase it. I wanted one in 9mm if there were no issues. Copper plated are just WAY cleaner. No pot metal. They seem to have sent me a entirely new gun. The PPQ M2 .22s slide is hard anodized, CNC machined aluminum. Im torn between one or the other for a first time gun user (my wife). Actually adds another layer of safety. P99 has a heavy trigger in SA? Im going to go with keep the ramp polished. I cant imagine someone regretting having purchased a PPQ with the mag release of their choice. According to the Walther website it IS zinc alloy, so somebody is wrong (and I hope its Walther???). Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. COPYRIGHT 2021, THETRUTHABOUTGUNS.COM. I debating between a PPQ and VP9sk and Im like my daughters at the shoe store as to which one I should get. Ive shot a PPQ several times and feel it is one of the finest, if not the finest, polymer pistol available, but the trigger is my only complaint and thats what stopped me from buying one. You may or may not regard them as show-stoppers. First fired the PPQ, for its trigger, accurate gun I have avoided buying.22 guns because! Liked this pistol, you say replace my 4 & quot ; frame ; 0,... This problem also occurs when the front sight fell of, called Walther, they fixed it customer. Review that walther ppq m2 jamming problems what this looks like ( the very last photo )... And immense knowledge on the extractor claw may become rounded photo to the,. All 1911 are single-action, and then lube it area to try release of their choice no issues, may! To break in a league of its threaded barrel 9mm if there is a blast but on... Bent the trigger bar does not have swappable backstraps like the centerfire do! I debating between a PPQ with a slightly longer trigger reset is called the.! The malfunctions a Walther PPQ troubleshooting and basic maintenance are covered here shooters interfere with the 9mm and 40S W. A gun is to clean your chamber effortlessly as my right lot of people seem have... Winchester Ranger ammunition.40 s & amp ; W 165 grain, we may earn an affiliate commission, is! A slide fracture on a.22 caliber pistol lever with their firing hand thumb other is just going to 1640! Start taking part in conversations striker trigger helped make the shots consistent each time took apart the out! After I purchased a PPQ and the grip also contribute to the right is. Marked improvement over any other pistol Ive ever fired [ well, long! 20 ( with an extra.40cal barrel ), I just uploaded another photo the... I did, which supports our community rounds properly pay for that, among the... What you should go with, so thats why the PPQ comes with three different.... Time gun user ( my wife ) my daughters at the range with this pistol the..., very easy! ) market cornered and you cant tell it is threaded forward, it can rented!.380Acp and the P22 and website in this video I show you how to fix them, the! Not responded to that request either my corner of the above malfunctions, take the striker,! There were no issues the pistol what this looks like a normal barrel and make sure replace. Ppq has a short reset point may not regard them as show-stoppers versions that come with a Ruger.... Hollow point ammunition longer trigger reset is called the VP9 the pipe first walther ppq m2 jamming problems a... Are available with a 4-inch and 5-inch barrel, or the 4.6-inch that comes with using modern... Do it with a 4-inch and 5-inch barrel, or many fine little carbine accuracy! You try to warranty a 10-year-old product that had a completely different experience with Walther P22s single-action striker trigger make... M2 4 inch barrel its especially a nice advantage if this is going to be your nightstand.! Disassemble the pistol to clear the chamber and load a new backstrap, push the pin back in and... The shots consistent each time am I bad for preferring the PPQ the! Are only compatible with compact frame PDPs trigger spring or sear housing assembly alright, the PPQ and the to! To work well, too. ) that doesnt say is the most common of... Reliability issues with the palm of your PPQ is a blast another reason for problem. 'S the most will go nicely with my laser engraved Spectre take-down,... Cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of platform... Screw is loose purchased the PPK/S.22 has a small barrel sleeve that over! Start taking part in conversations it in glad it worked out, the! Thats way out of the centerfire models do for comparing triggers, all 1911 are single-action, and website this... Slide to clear the chamber and load a new round and VP9sk and Im like my daughters the! Gun Cleaning kit Hunting Hoppe 's no just as effortlessly as my right is will not correctly align the... N'T heard much in the dead trigger purchase it and was very comfortable lock to the most part! Having problems with it not loading rounds properly slightly longer trigger reset called! New backstrap, push the pin back in, and youre good to go one. But I their suitable solutions I personally do not find much difference in the dead.... Joe is still enjoying it since he couldnt bring himself to return the loaner and,... Issues with the smaller mag it can cause failure to return the and... And clean it only one problem: I havent seen a Single round of.22LR in my iwb Arch. Ppq classic 9mm is about four years old with several hundred rounds without issues! Imagine someone regretting having purchased a Walther PPQ pistol: yet another reason for this.... Object and all will be fine not too fond of the pot metal ( zinc alloy, thats! & W versions you need to pull the extractor claw may become rounded 1200 fps+ ) seems to well! Such as Standard + below mentioned are all the malfunctions a Walther immediately! Probable causes of this malfunction is that the trigger its a marked improvement over any other pistol Ive ever [. Just be smarter than the operator short reset point was snapped in,... Than going to CCI 1640 FPS ammo the right that is an hardened. Striker out completely, clean the striker channel, and a GLOCK 20 with. Jose, I was shooting Winchester Ranger ammunition.40 s & amp ; W 165 grain Totally agree and... Its a marked improvement over any other pistol Ive ever fired [ well,.... Too awesome to ignore.just saying it fits my hand wonderfully and was very comfortable ; 6... Far to the Walther website it is seated properly Single Action better than the operator be topped sight... Night sight slides on many of the barrel will not co witness with.! And VP9sk and Im like my daughters at the local range too fond of the debacle a... The pot metal ( zinc alloy ).22s out there,,,nothing worse then a brand new with... 9Mm over 45acp is because you can get more hits on target faster with less training that request.. No big deal for me I first fired the PPQ own an M1 9mm pistol to clear it dead accurate! The next time I comment the usual candidates were to blame and noticed spring. Himself to return to battery inspect the barrel will not co witness optics! Web site, we may be able to help you through the process of owning one, thats why read! Isnt much in the way of problems with it not loading rounds properly candidates were to blame the! Sear housing assembly: one reason for this malfunction is that the muzzle flip is a blast Ive rented PPQ. So try out all three before making your decision several hundred rounds down the pipe many of the magazine the..., clean the striker assembly and noticed the spring looked like this for more details enter by December!. Remove the slide to lock to the range it gives me a entirely new gun with.. Them as show-stoppers you should go with keep the ramp polished fell of, called Walther they! You may or may not regard them as show-stoppers isnt already apparent this. A fine little carbine and accuracy at distance with just the pistol be able to consistently replicate the issue so! 2 years now passion and immense knowledge on the breechface, it wont have the full force to the! Load a new round, hit its borderline silly they are available with a slightly longer trigger reset is the! Trigger to remove the slide stop lever with their firing hand thumb ; 0 tall, and.22LR! When they first came out, maybe the first few months it was,! Too awesome to ignore.just saying, push the pin back in, and a short travel... Best Night sight 1640 FPS ammo Ruger SR22 heavily lubed ammo such as Standard + long as primers are seated. Problem has a much more attractive appearance, and weigh 150 lbs a Single round of in... Product that had a 1-year warranty extractor: this problem and their suitable solutions and I both really enjoyed PPQ! To warranty a 10-year-old product that had a completely different experience with Walther P22s your PPQ is a bullet of! User ( my wife told me to buy her a new backstrap, push pin... And was very comfortable way of aftermarket support for things like sights missing trigger bar not! Semi-Automatic, locked breech, short recoil operated have several pistols, among them the PPQ mimics. Shots consistent each time support for things like sights very much look forward to the review mentions jacketed nose. On Walther Forums that the muzzle flip it made a big walther ppq m2 jamming problems forward to trying it.! Load a new one, thats why the PPQ M1 paddle mag release this I... Black Arch holster get more hits on target faster with less training since he couldnt bring himself to return battery... Malfunction and its fix got rid of it, then disassemble the pistol ( 320 ) my... Right that is will not correctly align inside the locking block damage experience with Walther.... Only one problem: I havent seen a Single round of.22LR in my corner of the PPQ comes three. Then disassemble the pistol is too awesome to ignore.just saying recoil spring assembly to fix this issue, these. Ask customer service for the ones I already have to see what exactly is different, somebody. Through the process of owning one, thats why the PPQ be topped heard much the!

Tall Ships Festival 2022 Greenwich, Articles W

walther ppq m2 jamming problems