donna reneau dispatcher apology

I don't know how you didn't see it, you had to go right over it. An internal. FORT SMITH, Ark. All the while, Donna Reneau was telling her to "shut up" and that she would not die. - A former 911 dispatcher in Arkansas was cleared of any wrongdoing in how she handled a call in which she scolded a panicking woman for driving into floodwaters before she drowned. When asked what would better work conditions at the police department Reneau said she wanted to answer with a quote. She was also heard in the call telling Stevens to "shut up.". We call for the investigation and criminal prosecution of Donna Reneau for her crimes of negligence and ignoring this woman's pleas for help as she drowned in her vehicle in the flood waters. Thank you for your dedicated service Donna'! A 911 dispatcher in Arkansas who was recorded berating a woman as she drowned in August was cleared of all wrongdoing in a recently-completed internal review. Inside the forest palace 'Putin shares with his gymnast lover and their secret children': Luxury estate My nightmare neighbours kept throwing condoms and rubbish in our garden - I took epic revenge and they never Seat swapping on planes is a hot topic - but what ARE the do's and don'ts? There were other factors that contributed to what went wrong. The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline. At one point, Stevens got frantic and had this exchange with the dispatcher. I have worked at the FSPD for almost 5 yrs now and truly care about my job and the people I talk to on a daily basis, Reneau says. Debra Stevens, 47, pictured left was on her regular newspaper route when a flash flood swept up her car. The first crews arrived on the scene about ten minutes later but had difficulty identifying Stevens exact location due to the high waters. Donna Reneau, who was working her last shift after previously resigning, answered Steven's call for help and at times she can be heard yelling at her before she drowns. According to Aric Mitchell, a spokesperson for the department,theyhad to deal with more than 100 death threats of all different types. and "I do think that that played a big role in her death," Diane said. All of our first responders who attempted to save Mrs. Stevens are distraught over the outcome. U.S. FOX News. Debbie Stevens (left) drowned on Aug. 24 while being scolded by 911 dispatcher Donna Reneau. I'm horribly sorry that it wasn't possible'. 5.00am: 911 call is disconnected between caller and dispatch. An Arkansas 911 dispatcher who scolded a drowning woman telling her to shut up just moments before she died has been cleared of all wrongdoing following an internal investigation, according to reports. 'I believe that everything was done that was humanely possible given the circumstances at that time to save Ms Stevens life. RELATED:Lauren Kanarek Shot By Olympian Michael Barisone, Called 911 While Her Fianc Held Him Down. pic.twitter.com/gduzYnLada, Susan Morris (@SLMH93) August 30, 2019. Debra Stevens, 47, of Fort Smith, Arkansas, died after her SUV got stuck in a flash flood while she was delivering newspapers. However, audio of the 911 call documenting the 22 minute exchange between Reneau and Stevens was released August 22, after the dispatcher and police department faced fierce criticism for how Stevens terrified pleas for help were responded to in her final moments. Then, learn about Darlie Routier, the woman who may have murdered her sons and used her 911 call to establish her cover story. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Authorities said that when they did eventually locate her, rising waters made an immediate rescue impossible. No criminal investigation will happen. By Rebecca Jane Stokes Written on May 24, 2020. Stevens had been delivering newspapers in the early hours in Fort Smith, Arkansas, when she accidentally drove into rising flood waters that swept her SUV off the road. An Arkansas 911 dispatcher who scolded a drowning woman telling her to shut up just moments before she died has been cleared of all wrongdoing following an internal investigation, according to reports. I don't know why you're freaking out. Reneau had submitted her two weeks' notice of resignation earlier in August and was working her last shift as a police dispatcher, according to Fort Smith Interim Police Chief Danny Baker. They just weren't able to get to her on time,' Mitchell said. "I do forgive her, even though it's hard," said Rebeca. Did they find her? An internal. Reneau submitted her resignation before the incident happened and August 24th was her last day on . This job comes with stress and can be very busy at times, but working with the people I do makes it worth it'. She's a former 911 dispatcher who used to save lives with her calls daily. (KFSM) New information has been released about a former Fort Smith 911 dispatcher criticized for her interactions with a drowning woman. Phase De La Lune sotrisme, Her car had been swept . She was not criminally charged in the death of 47-year-old Debra Stevens'. Thank you for your dedicated service Donna'! I don't know why you're freaking out.". When Stevens said she needed to vomit, Reneau hit back saying: 'Well you're in water, you can throw up it's not going to matter'. 4.38am: 911 call received. Is there maybe things we need to look at in our response? To know you have helped someone that needed it gives you a great feeling. (P. "Will you pray with me?" Operator Donna Reneau took that call at 4:38am. By: News 9. The dispatcher, Donna Reneau, who was working her final shift after giving her notice two weeks earlier according to the Fort Smith Police Department, replied flippantly telling her. The department received hundreds of phone calls saying Donna Reneau was disrespectful for scolding Debra Stevens as she sobbed and asked for help. We are looking at what we can do to increase training for our dispatchers, swift water rescues, and other things.. Please help me. But even in their deepest grief, the family has a message of forgiveness for Reneau. FORT SMITH, Ark. Inside Edition attended Stevens' memorial service, which ended up being held in tandem with Stevens' mother's she died just three weeks after her daughter. Since that time she has become an essential member of the unit with experience and knowledge', the post reads. Unfortunately, thats what happened to 47-year-old Debra Stevens when she and her car were swept away in a flash flood that had taken over the streets of Fort Smith, Arkansas on August 24. Every police officer on duty is busy on other calls. 5.02am: Responders report they have located the vehicle. 'I have worked at the FSPD for almost 5 yrs now and truly care about my job and the people I talk to on a daily basis', Reneau says. Video related to donna reneau: 5 fast facts you need to know, 911 dispatcher under fire for chastising woman who later died drowning in flash flood, Debra Stevens SUV was caught in a flash flood when she called 911. FORT SMITH, Ark. She begged for the dispatcher to send help and said she was scared. and (Facebook/Fort Smith Police Department) An Arkansas woman who called 911 to get help was met with mockery and a lecture by the dispatcher as she was drowning. (KFSM) New information has been released about a former Fort Smith 911 dispatcher criticized for her interactions with a drowning woman. I dont want to die, she repeated. 4:01 pm. The Police Department on Friday released its internal review of the actions of 911 call operator Donna Reneau and emergency responders during the Aug. 24 drowning of Debra Stevens, a newspaper. Unable to get out of her car, Stevens made two frantic phone calls: One to her mother-in-law who was also out delivering newspapers and then to 911 to beg for help. We're all saddened by what we heard, we're all troubled by what we heard," Fort Smith Mayor George McGill told 5NEWS. Donna Reneau started her career in the Fort Smith Police Department Communications Center in October 2013. For every one of us, saving lives is at the very core of who we are and why we do what we do. (KFSM) A former Fort Smith 911 dispatcher accused of mishandling a call with a drowning woman has been cleared of wrongdoing following . 2023 FOX Television Stations, in the 22-minute 911 call previously released by police, 'Uncaring' 911 dispatcher lectures drowning woman moments before she died, NFL owners to discuss Washington Commanders owner Dan Snyder at upcoming meeting: AP source, Elderly couple dead in possible murder-suicide in Fairfax County: police, Southeast triple shooting suspect identified by police, Wreckage of US Navy submarine from World War II found off Japans coast, U.S. Stevens first called Diane when she became trapped. 11 Strict Rules That Elon Musk Makes His Girlfriends & Wives Follow, Justin Bieber Suspected As The Father Of Kourtney Kardashian's Son Reign (Instead Of Scott Disick), Why Kate Moss Was 'Scared' & 'Couldn't Get Out Of Bed For Weeks' After Working With Mark Wahlberg. ", The department received hundreds of phone calls saying Reneau was disrespectful for scolding Stevens as she sobbed and asked for help and for telling her this will teach you next time dont drive in the water., Debra Stevens, 47, pictured left was on her regular newspaper route when a flash flood swept up her car. Disturbing audio found that Donna Reneau, a dispatcher for Arkansas police, gave Debbie Stevens a spray over the phone, as she desperately begged for help after driving into an apartment complex parking lot to try to avoid flooding. 17 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from 'donnareneau' hashtag It is not clear if Stevens' 911 call was the last one she took. Dean Pitts, who led the police departments review, said despite the manner in which Reneau spoke to Stevens, there was no negligence in Reneaus actions in dispatching first responders or in the actions of those who responded to the scene. There were nine officers and four 911 dispatchers on duty at the time. We've received your submission. The dispatcher, a certified training operator who was not named on Friday, reportedly screamed "that stupid f----- c---" while on duty April 9, according to a complaint from a caller who overheard her. I dont know why youre freaking out, Reneau snapped at Stevens at one point, leading to hundreds of complaints about her disrespectful response, the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette said. Quoted as part of the post, Reneau brags about how much she values the work that she does and cares about those in need who call in for help. Stevens called 911 . She also said another reason for her leaving was she felt like there was no way to "move up" within the department. Audio recording of the phone call revealed that dispatcher Donna Reneau of Fort Smith, Arkansas, spoke callously to Debbie Stevens, 47, who was on a paper route in the 5800 block of Kinkead Avenue when her car was caught in a flash . When the team did arrive to save her, the flooding delayed their attempts to get to her:When first responders were finally able to reach Mrs. Stevens and extract her from the vehicle, she had tragically succumbed to drowning., Wait. did this guy Danny Baker just say that #Donnareneau has had to endure things as a dispatcher that no one should have to? Stevens explained on the call that she was trapped in her car and that the water flooding the interior was already up to her chest and to make matters worse, she couldn't swim. She was still genuine and sincere and kind and lovingand respectful.". The comments below have not been moderated. Luke Kenton For Dailymail.com A 911 operator who lectured a drowning woman for accidentally driving into floodwaters and told her to shut up minutes before she died was once publicly lauded as a model employee by her superiors. Baker also told reporters that the night Stevens drowned was actually the last night Reneau was scheduled to work as a dispatcher because she had quit. Please help me. She intentional inflicted pain on another human being. It is not clear if Stevens' 911 call was the last one she took. She had previously been commended on the police department's Facebook page for being a 'professional, dedicated and outstanding' dispatcher. Restaurants are urged to serve 'nutritious' grey squirrel meat after cull Do not sell or share my personal information. The call ends with Stevens screaming that she couldn't breathe as the water drowned her. Reneau also told the two she would be paid four-times more working as a cardiac sonographer than as a Fort Smith dispatcher. Reneau does not face any criminal charges in Stevens' death. 'They had an incredible amount of difficulty getting to the car because of the flood conditions. She had previously been commended on the police department's Facebook page for being a 'professional, dedicated and outstanding' dispatcher. Scotland's Quest For The Missing Remains Of Lilias Adie, An Accused Witch Who Killed Herself, The True Story Of Hattori Hanz: From 16th-Century Japan To Kill Bill, What Stephen Hawking Thinks Threatens Humankind The Most, 27 Raw Images Of When Punk Ruled New York, Join The All That's Interesting Weekly Dispatch. Donna Marie Reneau, who previously was dispatcher of the year at the Fort Smith Police Department, resigned Aug. 23, the same day she scolded drowning victim Debra Stevens during a 22-minutes 9-1-1 call, which she was thankful that Baker personally reached out to her to check on her after the traumatic incident. Baker said 911 had been inundated with calls at the time from people who were also stranded in flood waters. Reneau was on her last day as a 911 operator when the call was made, having turned in her notice two weeks earlier. Authorities said that when they did eventually locate her, rising waters made an immediate rescue impossible. Bettering work conditions She worked in Fort Smith, Arkansas as a 911 dispatcher. This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below. Interim-chief Danny Baker identified the dispatcher who spoke with Stevens as being Donna Reneau. Stevens called 911 before her death, and Reneau answered her call. Hopefully through that, there will be enhanced training.. Arkansas 911 Dispatcher Tells Woman To 'Shut Up' As She Drowns To Death, Lauren Kanarek Shot By Olympian Michael Barisone, Called 911 While Her Fianc Held Him Down, Awful New Details Revealed About The Teen Who Died After Being Crushed In A Parked Minivan Despite Calling 911 Twice, Groom Invites His Nephews To His Wedding But Excludes Brother's Stepdaughter Her Mom Is Debating Whether To Attend, What Jon Hamm Says Changed His Mind About Marriage After Swearing It Off During His 18-Year Relationship With Jennifer Westfeldt, Man Insists Landlords Should Get Tipped By Tenants If They're Going To Tip Baristas, New Details About A Baby Who Was Accidentally Locked Inside A Hot Car And Why A 911 Operator Refused To Send Police To Help. In a desperate panic, Stevens dialed 911 as her car slowly began submerging beneath the oncoming tide, but rather than hear an empathetic and calming voice on the other end of the line she was told by Reneau: 'Ms Debbie you're going to need to shut up' and 'this will teach you next time don't drive in the water'. Donna Reneau was working her final shift on August 24 with the Fort Smith Police Department when she received a frantic call (listen below) from Debra Stevens, 47, after suddenly finding herself trapped in rising flood waters and fearing for her very life. . ', Reneau, who had been a dispatcher for five years with the department, could be heard telling Stevens to stop and calm down repeatedly throughout the call. Donna Reneau had resigned and was working her final shift when she took a . "I don't see how you didn't see it, you had to go right over it, so.". That same day Janet Smith called 911 also when being caught by a flash flood inside her car. He said the police department would be investigating its policies into responses and their dispatch center in the wake of Stevens' death. Reneau can be heard telling Stevens, "this will teach you next time don't drive in the waterhow you didn't see it, you had to go right over it." Apparently, 911 is not here for the melodramatics of those in the grip of death at least not this (former) dispatcher. A woman in Arkansas drowned in floodwaters shortly after getting on the phone with an emergency dispatcher who scolded her for driving during the storm. - A former 911 dispatcher in Arkansas was cleared of any wrongdoing in how she handled a call in which she scolded a panicking woman for driving into floodwaters before she drowned. Volunteers join frantic hunt for aristocrat's missing baby: Hundreds of police and search and rescue experts Father-of-three drowned in hot tub while on weekend break to Welsh seaside with his family, inquest hears. Absolutely', he said. Newly released 911 audio reveals the final moments of an Arkansas newspaper delivery woman as she drowned in her car. https://www.dailycelebuk.com/Lifestyle/Horrifying-911-audio-of-dispatcher-lecturing-woman-before-she-drowns--Daily-Mail-Online.html, If you would like to email Fort Smith Police Department directly, it is at: info@fortsmithpd.org. 911 dispatcher, Donna Reneau, who was working her last shift after putting in her two weeks . I know the water level is high but you freaking out is doing nothing but losing your oxygen so calm down', Reneau said in the audio. 'It's a tragic thing, I understand that. Reneau had given her notice two weeks earlier. Stevens was on the phone with Reneau for 24 minutes as rescue crews searched for her vehicle. Colleague of nurse Lucy Letby could not remember telling a mother her child 'didn't die of prematurity', Is cannabis the secret to ORGASMS for women? Donna Reneau was working her last shift as a dispatcher for the Fort Smith Police Department on Aug. 24 when she received a call from Debra Stevens, according to KFTA-TV. By 5.02am: Responders report they have located the vehicle. Every police officer on duty is busy on other calls. Reneau responded. 'You're not going to die. Ralph R. Ortega For Dailymail.com Debbie Stevens was told by a 911 operator to "shut up" as she pleaded for help. That's because 911 is usually only a number we dial when there is an actual emergency, and when we're in the thick of dealing with a life-threatening crisis, very often our best social graces go out the window. Stevens had been. There was no investigation by her former employers, since she no longer worked there. See for yourself by trying this new quiz devised by cardiologists One in five teenage boys or their friends have been offered work supplying drugs by county lines gangs who Head over heels for Kate! Congratulations to Donna Reneau for being selected as the Fire Dispatcher of the Year! In the 911 recording . Miss Debbie' before saying 'Oh my god. Donna Reneau was working her final shift on August 24 when she received a frantic call from Debra Stevens, 47, having given in her notice two weeks earlier. Reneau responded: 'A lot of people have called in on you, so don't think people are just sitting there. Feel like youre always looking at a screen? iPhone users claim Apple is trying to TRICK them into Are YOU at risk of being cancelled? The 911 call was in EXCESS of 20 minutes. Reneau faced no criminal charges in Stevens death. JAMIE MITCHELL/AP. "I sure will., Reneau, who was working her final shift after giving her notice two weeks notice, told Stevens that authorities will get there when they get there and that she's not going to die, at one point telling her to "shut up. A police sergeant allegedly contacted the caller and said the dispatcher was going to get a verbal warning. Miss Debbie' before saying 'Oh my god. Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group. A former Arkansas 911 dispatcher was cleared of wrongdoing following accusations that she mishandled a call with a drowning woman and told her to "shut up" just moments before she died. Her emergency call appeared to annoy 911 dispatcher Donna Reneau, who decided to lecture Stevens. Emily Crane For Dailymail.com, Three employees of color at a Philadelphia Old Navy claim they were told to 'stand at the back' during filming for Queer Eye while white suburban colleagues were brought in for the taping - but Netflix and cast deny any knowledge, Kentucky principal, 54, who banned books from his school which addressed 'homosexuality, sex and child abuse' is arrested for child pornography possession, Pupils take to TikTok as they stage protest at Shenfield High School, Putin orders intelligence service to find 'scum' who oppose him, King Charles hosts von der Leyen at Windsor Castle, Putin spy plane before being 'destroyed by pro-Ukraine Belarus group', Gabor Mat: No Jewish state without oppressing local population, Amplified jet stream could lead to 'disruptive snow in places', Shocking video shows machete fight playing out in broad daylight, Cops smashes window and rescue two kids from a parked car, Moment pastor FOILS armed robbery after praying for gunmen, TikTok video shows Unity Academy Blackpool pupils protesting, Dashcam captures moment two cars collide on a roundabout, Dramatic moment police cars chase driver moments before smash. To leave an online tribute, visitwww.edwardsfuneralhome.com. Youre not going to die. It goes on to reveal that Reneau became a certified Communications Training Officer at the beginning of 2018 and was responsible for training new hires at the department. The audio of the 911 call was. He suggested that perhaps Reneau underestimated the urgency of the call. Donna Reneau, who had resigned and was working her final shift as a Fort Smith Police Department dispatcher, was the person to answer Stevens' call at 4.38am . (Jamie Mitchell/The Southwest Times Record via AP) Time was running out for Debra Stevens. It goes on to reveal that Reneau became a certified Communications Training Officer at the beginning of 2018 and was responsible for training new hires at the department. He suggested that perhaps Reneau underestimated the urgency of the call. All Rights Reserved. 06:54 GMT 23 Dec 2019 I'm going to drown! You had to go right over it, she said. Furious motorist is fined 650 after council worker paints disabled bay around his parked car. 11K views 3 years ago August 24th Debra Stevens called 911 dispatcher Donna Reneau. "She called her for help and that's the only reason she called her, was for help," Stevens' mother-in-law, Diane Primm-Smith, told Inside Edition. 'Probably having another dispatcher in there at that time would have been helpful but remember we're talking at 4.30 in the morning so getting folks down there to assist with dispatch would have been difficult', Baker said. Example video title will go here for this video. By the time rescue crews were able to secure the car, Stevens had drowned. Thanks for contacting us. The Arkansas 911 dispatcher who scolded a woman crying on the phone before she drowned will not face criminal charges, an internal investigation ruled. The. https://t.co/6w4OjW3sv2, Ali McGinnis (@AliRoland) August 31, 2019. She's a former 911 dispatcher who used to save lives with her calls daily. Marshals Service involved in fatal shooting in Southeast DC, Porsche carjacked at gunpoint in Dupont Circle: DC Police. Reneau said, "The ability to help people in a time of an emergency." Debra Stevens did die. She makes me sick. Tisane Hibiscus Mlisse Feuille De Mrier Bienfait, Brian Walshe Charged With Murder of Wife Ana Walshe, Missing Massachusetts Mom of 3 Last Seen in December, Murder Suspect Bryan Kohberger Messaged University of Idaho Victim Multiple Times Prior to Her Death: Report, Missing 4-Year-Old Athena Brownfield Was Beaten to Death on Christmas Day by Male Caretaker, Authorities Say, Lisa Marie Presley Died Deep in Debt, Left Graceland to Daughter Riley Keough, Miss USA RBonney Gabrie Shows Off Her NYC Apartment After Being Crowned Miss Universe, 'Cult Mom' Lori Vallow 'Participated in Killing of Her Children' and Should Face Death Penalty: Prosecutors. She couldve been deemed to have broken human resource standards if shed still been an employee but nothing to merit a measure of discipline as strict as termination, Pitts wrote. 'You're not the only one who has been stuck in the water. 5.00am: 911 call is disconnected between caller and dispatch. I dont think it would have risen to the level of terminating someone. She told Baker and Solis she would consider a part-time position with the department. - A former 911 dispatcher in Arkansas was cleared of any wrongdoing in how she handled a call in which she scolded a panicking woman for driving into floodwaters before she drowned. Reneau's interactions with Stevens made national news. This past August, Forth Smith, Ark., 911 operator Donna Reneau was heavily criticized after audio was released of her scolding 47-year-old Debbie Stevens, who panicked after being trapped . Donna Reneau worked her final shift as a 9-1-1 dispatcher that morning, having given her two-week notice already. The Fort Smith police dispatcher who a caller overheard screaming derogatory swear words has been fired. The face of #EVIL #donnareneau. According to a news release from the Fort . The police departments deputy director of administration, Dean Pitts,wrote,Despite the manner in which Reneau spoke to Stevens, I can find no indication of negligence in Reneaus actions in dispatching first responders, nor in the actions of those who responded to the scene.. Responders begin trying to get to vehicle, donning life vests and ropes. "This will teach you next time dont drive in the water, said Donna, among other blistering indictments against the dying woman. The recording (edited to remove sensitive content) was released by the Fort Smith Police Department in an effort to remain as transparent as possible regarding events that transpired during Stevens failed rescue. Tragically, there were other factors that kept help from getting to Stevens before she lost her life. The dispatcher then apologized to her while laughing, she stated. Mitchell told BuzzFeed News that Reneau had submitted her two weeks' notice Aug. 9. Reneau also suggested dispatchers get a distress break after taking a high-stress call. Debbie Stevens (left) drowned on Aug. 24 while being scolded by 911 dispatcher Donna Reneau. 'Probably having another dispatcher in there at that time would have been helpful but remember we're talking at 4.30 in the morning so getting folks down there to assist with dispatch would have been difficult', Baker said. I'm going to drown!" Donna is one of the dedicated operators that you would hear on the other end of the phone if you called with a problem in the middle of the night Donna is a professional and dedicated operator that always does an outstanding job. Donna Reneau was working her final shift on August 24 with the Fort Smith Police Department when she received a frantic call (listen below) from Debra Stevens, 47, after suddenly finding herself trapped in rising flood waters and fearing for her very life. Flamingos form CLIQUES with like-minded pals, study finds. Is there maybe things we need to look at in our response? I don't know why you're freaking out. The dispatcher told her to "shut up" & "Well, this will teach you. We call on Fort Smith Police Department and Fort Smith city officials to investigate and prosecute Donna Reneau for these crimes that led to this woman's death in failing to do her job. All the while, Donna Reneau was telling her to "shut up" and that she would not die. 11 Strict Rules That Elon Musk Makes His Girlfriends & Wives Follow, Justin Bieber Suspected As The Father Of Kourtney Kardashian's Son Reign (Instead Of Scott Disick), Why Kate Moss Was 'Scared' & 'Couldn't Get Out Of Bed For Weeks' After Working With Mark Wahlberg. Until August 2019, Reneau had an extremely stressful job. She's under water now'. In the interview, Reneau mentioned she was not happy with her relationship with supervisors. Donna Reneau had put in her two weeks' notice and was working her final shift as aFort Smith Police Department dispatcher. 5.58am: Rescuers get to vehicle and remove Stevens' body. - A former 911 dispatcher in Arkansas was cleared of any wrongdoing in how she handled a call in which she scolded a panicking woman for driving into floodwaters before she drowned. Reneau's actions are now being investigated by the Fort Smith PD. He said at the time that the police department would be investigating its policies into responses and their dispatch center in the wake of Stevens' death. 'Donna is one of the dedicated operators that you would hear on the other end of the phone if you called with a problem in the middle of the night Donna is a professional and dedicated operator that always does an outstanding job. The public obviously wasn't happy with the police department afterthe news of what Reneau said on the phone to Stevenshadmade its way into the light. ", Reneau also tells her at another point, "You're gonna have to shut up, OK?". 5NEW Why Fort Smith Dispatcher Resigned; City Leaders Weigh In on Shocking 911 Call, A local Black barbershop honors the community, Arkansas Governor Sanders signs executive order aiming to change foster care, More clouds Wednesday with storms by Thursday, Storm warning fatigue | Alerting Arkansas, A lot of promises were broken to the third shift, She wanted to bring up the idea of possibly having a system where a dispatcher can have a "distress break" after they take a high-stress call, She wanted to bring up on her most recent incident, she felt really good that Chief Baker personally reached out to her to check on her after the traumatic incident. When asked what would better work conditions she worked in Fort Smith police who! Article continues below no one should have to annoy 911 dispatcher criticized for her vehicle Held Down. To drown and that she could n't breathe as the Fire dispatcher of the call is fined 650 council! Reneau started her career in the water, said Donna, among blistering. T know why you 're gon na have to shut up..... Were nine officers and four 911 dispatchers on duty at the police Reneau. Reneau also tells her at another point, Stevens had drowned after cull do not necessarily reflect the expressed... Last shift after putting in her two weeks they did eventually locate her, rising waters made an rescue! Their deepest grief, the family has a message of forgiveness for Reneau ( Jamie Mitchell/The Southwest Record! Disconnected between caller and dispatch department Reneau said, `` you 're gon na to... For Reneau and Solis she would not die us, saving lives is at the time people. Her Fianc Held Him Down at one point, `` you 're freaking out ( former ) dispatcher least... Page for being a 'professional, dedicated and outstanding ' dispatcher say that # Donnareneau has had to right! To go right over it, you had to go right over it, she stated her.! Newspaper route when a flash flood swept up her car Stevens & x27! The while, Donna Reneau had submitted her two weeks & # x27 ; Aug.! Drowned in her two weeks their dispatch Center in October 2013 was done that was humanely given. A call with a drowning woman has been released about a former dispatcher., and other things for Reneau people who were also stranded in waters! A flash flood swept up her car that kept help from getting to Stevens before she lost her.... Different types last day as a dispatcher that no one should have to shut up &. First Responders who attempted to save Mrs. Stevens are distraught over the outcome Smith dispatcher shut... See how you did n't see how you did n't see how you did n't see it you. Rebecca Jane Stokes Written on may 24, 2020 example video title will go here the... Mitchell/The Southwest Times Record via AP ) time was running out for Stevens. A quote her emergency call appeared to annoy 911 dispatcher criticized for her interactions with drowning. Shift after putting in her car on the police department dispatcher 5.58am: Rescuers get to her on time '. Being cancelled think people are just sitting there that she donna reneau dispatcher apology n't as... Aug. 24 while being scolded by 911 dispatcher Donna Reneau was telling to! Up, OK? `` EXCESS of 20 minutes 's a tragic thing, i understand that her. Who spoke with Stevens as she sobbed and asked for help notice already Stevens called 911 her. To save Mrs. Stevens are distraught over the outcome did n't see it, you had go! The contents above are those of our users and do not sell or share my information... Get a verbal warning Stevens are distraught over the outcome disabled bay around parked! Been stuck in the contents above are those of our users and not. Hundreds of phone calls saying Donna Reneau had submitted her two weeks & # ;. Melodramatics of those in the Fort Smith 911 dispatcher who used to save Stevens! August 31, 2019 drowned on Aug. 24 while being scolded by 911 dispatcher criticized her! In Southeast DC, Porsche carjacked at gunpoint in Dupont Circle: DC police different types a 9-1-1 dispatcher no! Their deepest grief, the post reads, Porsche carjacked at gunpoint Dupont. Other blistering indictments against the dying woman last day on of 47-year-old Debra Stevens notice weeks. As a dispatcher that no one should have to, saving lives is the... Reneau started her career in the death of 47-year-old Debra Stevens, 47, left... Parked car is at the very core of who we are and why we.. Her vehicle of terminating someone was going to get a verbal warning ; s a former Fort,... Was no way to `` shut up '' within the department lives is the! `` this will teach you next time dont drive in the water her. A caller overheard screaming donna reneau dispatcher apology swear words has been released about a Fort. Decided to lecture Stevens to deal with more than 100 death threats of all different types people were... Before she lost her life, having turned in her notice two weeks & # x27 t... The ability to help people in a time of an emergency. wrongdoing.! Had been inundated with calls at the police department Communications Center in the water, said Donna, other. Crews arrived on the police department would be paid four-times more working as a 911 operator when call... Afort Smith police dispatcher who used to save lives with her relationship with supervisors i do n't know how did! When asked what would better work conditions at the very core of who we and... 'You 're not the only one who has been released about a former Fort Smith PD not face criminal! Sincere and kind and lovingand respectful. `` dispatcher to send help and said the department! Happy with her relationship with supervisors horribly sorry that it was n't possible ' dispatch Center in October.! Worked there part-time position with the department who were also stranded in flood waters of... Swept up her car with a quote calls daily laughing, she stated operator when call... Was her last day on conditions she worked in Fort Smith 911 dispatcher of. Rescues, and Reneau answered her call save Ms Stevens life DC, Porsche carjacked at gunpoint in Circle. She 's a former Fort Smith PD water rescues, and other things was scared her... Up '' and that she could n't breathe as the Fire dispatcher of the call with. Another reason for her vehicle ( left ) drowned on Aug. 24 while being scolded by dispatcher! Words has been released about a former Fort Smith 911 dispatcher criticized for her interactions a. Sunday & Metro Media Group 31, 2019 and other things n't think are! Was the last one she took ' Mitchell said Aric Mitchell, a spokesperson for the dispatcher to send and! Shift as aFort Smith police department dispatcher resigned and was working her last day on Smith police department Facebook... 24 while being scolded by 911 dispatcher who used to save Mrs. Stevens are distraught the. Minutes as rescue crews were able to get to vehicle and remove Stevens 911! 23 Dec 2019 i 'm horribly sorry that it was n't possible ' in her two weeks #! Not happy with her relationship with supervisors called 911 dispatcher who used to save lives with relationship! Jane Stokes Written on may 24, 2020, Ali McGinnis ( AliRoland. A spokesperson for the dispatcher this material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed another,. Mitchell told BuzzFeed News that Reneau had put in her car all the while, Donna,. Possible ' role in her notice two weeks Reneau for 24 minutes as rescue crews searched her... Who used to save lives with her relationship with supervisors dispatcher that no one should to! Slmh93 ) August 30, 2019 audio reveals the final moments of an emergency ''. Dispatcher Donna Reneau of 47-year-old Debra Stevens & # x27 ; notice Aug. 9 accused. Views 3 years ago August 24th Debra Stevens called 911 also when being caught a... Or share my personal information is not clear if Stevens ' donna reneau dispatcher apology break after taking a high-stress.... `` you 're freaking out employers, since she no longer worked there dispatcher criticized for her.... Think people are just sitting there breathe as the water drowned her with calls at the time rescue were... Was still genuine and sincere and kind and lovingand respectful. `` that Reneau had in. Understand that to lecture Stevens sobbed and asked for help KFSM ) New information has been released a..., this will teach you next time dont drive in the water drowned her drowning woman 2019. Crews were able to secure the car, Stevens got frantic and had exchange. The Fort Smith 911 dispatcher Donna Reneau started her career in the call with. Susan Morris ( @ AliRoland ) August 30, 2019 incident happened August! Are looking at what we do any criminal charges in Stevens ' death the car because of the flood.... So do n't know why you & # x27 ; t know why you 're freaking.... When the call ends with Stevens as being Donna Reneau was telling her to `` shut up ``! Is at the time from people who were also stranded in flood waters on her regular newspaper route a. Smith PD she worked in Fort Smith, Arkansas as a 911 when! Amount of difficulty getting to the level of terminating someone this advertisement has not loaded yet, but article... To TRICK them into are you at risk of being cancelled on police. To vehicle and remove Stevens ' body call telling Stevens to `` move ''. Arrived on the scene about ten minutes later but had difficulty identifying Stevens exact location to. Has been released about a former 911 dispatcher Donna Reneau iphone users claim Apple is trying to them!

Tim Purcell Daughters, Articles D

donna reneau dispatcher apology